[Swan] Android 12 L2TP Support

Mirsad Goran Todorovac mirsad.todorovac at alu.hr
Thu Apr 21 23:47:26 EEST 2022

Dear all, Paul,

I have just installed Android 12 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite and I
just hoped that L2TP
support in the OS is fixed. I have installed the precompiled libreswan
4.6 with USE_DH2=false.

Unfortunately, though the L2TP protocol did not connect. Now I have
reinstalled the USE_DH2=true version and L2TP again works (though it is
marked as Non-secure VPN by the UI).

As I plan to experiment with Android 13, I plan to test this feature as
well. However, it may be
as Douglas Kosovic noted on 31.01.2022. - as Google decided to remove
L2TP from their Pixel 6
Android 12 phone, it may never be supported. Marking it as "Non-secure
VPN" may be the sign
of being deprecated and possibly removed in Android 13.

Best regards,
Mirsad Todorovac

--
Mirsad Goran Todorovac