[Swan] pam_open_session(3) Re: SUCCESS Re: NEW PROBLEM Re: IKEv2 PAM auth failure - how it's done properly?

Mirsad Goran Todorovac mirsad.todorovac at alu.hr
Wed Jan 26 16:45:02 EET 2022

Hi Paul,

I did some research. It may be impossible to log IKEv2 sessions in utmp
and wtmp, for libreswan doesn't appear to be calling pam_open_session(3)
after authenticating the certificate and the user and
pam_close_session(3) after the connection is severed.

I am not confident enough to attempt to add the session management calls
to the libreswan source, or not yet :-)

And leaving it the utmp entry to linger forever upon the breakup of the
connection doesn't seem prudent, so I'll think I'll take a break at this
point and "stand on the ball".

Tell me, did I miss something, or is the utmp/wtmp connection logging
entirely impossible withing the current libreswan framework?
I would like to have some handy connection logging apart from
/var/log/pluto.log ...

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Mirsad

--
Mirsad Goran Todorovac
CARNet sistem inženjer
Grafički fakultet | Akademija likovnih umjetnosti
Sveučilište u Zagrebu
--
CARNet system engineer
Faculty of Graphic Arts | Academy of Fine Arts