[Swan] Windows 10 client to libreswan VPN server: CHILD SA: no local proposal matches remote proposals

Mirsad Goran Todorovac mirsad.todorovac at alu.unizg.hr
Wed Jan 5 22:43:21 EET 2022

P.S.

If I am allowed, I could also assert that I have been positively
surprised by the positive change in speed with IKEv2 VPN: while IKEv1
L2TP over IPSec scored about 50 Mbps download on our server, the IKEv2
showed 138 Mbps in Ookla speedtest benchmark :) , over the Faculty's 1
Gbps link and my 150 Mbps home connection.

This is definitely usable, I can watch Internet TV without glitches,
save from the fact that IKEv2 connection would "die" and had to be
restarted. But it is now OK, thanks to the ms-dh-downgrade hack. I would
be happier if I didn't have to downgrade security for the link, but the
connection that would break after 15 minutes was useless for the
accounting programs.

Now I am thoroughly testing before entering production.

Kind regards,
Mirsad

--
Mirsad Goran Todorovac
CARNet sistem inženjer
Grafički fakultet | Akademija likovnih umjetnosti
Sveučilište u Zagrebu
--
CARNet system engineer
Faculty of Graphic Arts | Academy of Fine Arts