[Swan] Split VPN

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Tue Oct 12 02:26:00 UTC 2021

On Fri, 8 Oct 2021, Jerry Hegwood wrote:

> I have been running this VPN for years and have never figured out how to get it to work like my
> Windows Server 03 PPTP VPN that let me access the internet and my local file server and printers. Is
> there a way to do this with Libreswan?

That's more a local DNS issue and how you configure your VPN DNS. You
would likely need to run something like systemd-resolved to get all
the mdns/llmnr DNS traffic to take precedence over your VPN supplied
DNS server. We don't yet support systemd-resolved dynamic reconfiguring
but we hope to pull it in for the next release as it is a small change
to the _updown.xfrm script.