[Swan] Road Warrior config

phil.nightowl at gmail.com phil.nightowl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 07:52:18 UTC 2021

Hello!

This is not directly related to the OP's question, but...

On Mon 30. Aug 2021, 16:40:10 GMT, Paul Wouters wrote:

> > On Mon, Aug 16, 2021, 2:05 PM brendan kearney <bpk678 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >       I have a road warrior config setup, and the tunnel establishes without

> >       client config:
> >       conn rac

	[...]
> >           compress=yes

	[...]
> >       server config:
> >       # Remote Access Connection
> >       conn rac

	[...]
> >           compress=yes
>
> Don't use compress=yes

... why (just being curious)? Is the compression not good enough to achieve
a real gain (even on low bandwidth lines)? Security issues? Misbehaved
implementation? Something else? And is it a bad idea only on the server
side, or did you just omit your comment in the client config?

Phil