[Swan] Replacing Racoon2 with libreswan

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Jul 21 00:59:07 UTC 2021

On Tue, 20 Jul 2021, Paramashivaiah, Sunil wrote:

>        We are planning to replace racoon2 with libreswan in our product for IPsec Ikev1 and Ikev2
> functionality.
>
>        We are planning to build libreswan on debian10 Linux. Could anybody please guide us with the build
> options and
>
>        dependency package lists to achieve  IPsec Ikev1 and Ikev2 functionality.

This requests appears a bit rude to opensource developers who are
offering their free time to support the software. It does not really
show that you have invested any of your own time, before you start
asking for other people's time. Doing this will negatively impact
the responses you will receive.

Debian comes with libreswan, you can just install it using "apt".

If you need a newer version, try unpacking the latest libreswan .tar.gz
and run "make deb". You might need to tweak some options in mk/*.mk to
make things work depending on the library and version availability.

You should be able to google those errors and find previous
correspondence of those errors.