[Swan] new user, FIPS seems to be an issue

Kozikowski, Mark MKozikowski at aaccorp.com
Tue Jun 15 17:25:12 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I am a new user, and am trying to configure and run a libreswan Mesh instance.
Right now I have two nodes, and each is configured using the no-authorization setup as shown from the Libreswan wiki.
I am using the exact ipsec.conf file from the wiki, except I am only using the clear-or-private:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/libreswan/libreswan/master/docs/examples/oe-upgrade-authnull.conf

My problem seems to be related to FIPS.
I noticed that /var/log/secure is stating that FIPS requires negotiationshunt and failureshut to be dropped.

I believe that this is causing no communication between the two nodes.

Is this correct?
Is there a way to fix this?