[Swan] problem command "ipsec verify"

Tuomo Soini tis at foobar.fi
Thu May 13 14:06:00 UTC 2021

On Wed, 12 May 2021 18:29:13 -0600
Jorge Sevillanos <rsevillanos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Libreswan, just installed Amazon Linux 2 (fresh) from default ami,
> nftables  nftables v0.9.0 (Fearless Fosdick) and libreswan
> 4.4-1.el7_9
>
> I downloaded rpm package form:
> https://download.libreswan.org/binaries/rhel/7/x86_64/libreswan-4.4-1.el7_9.x86_64.rpm
>
> And installed package: yum install
> https://download.libreswan.org/binaries/rhel/7/x86_64/libreswan-4.4-1.el7_9.x86_64.rpm
>
> I run the command "ipsec verify" and shows me the following:
>
> [root at ip-10-10-2-15 sysctl.d]# ipsec verify
> /sbin/ipsec: /usr/libexec/ipsec/verify: python2: bad interpreter: No
> such file or directory
> /sbin/ipsec: line 565: /usr/libexec/ipsec/verify: Success
>
> Please help.

This was a bug in our spec file for rhel7. I fixed that few minutes ago
but this is not severe enough problem to rebuild package because verify
is completely optional like all python scripts in Libreswan. If you want
to use verify, do:

sed -i -e 's|python2|/usr/bin/python2|' /usr/libexec/ipsec/verify

Bug was introduced as part of 4.2 release.

--
Tuomo Soini <tis at foobar.fi>
Foobar Linux services