[Swan] Multiple clients behind same NAT network

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sun Jan 3 17:30:13 UTC 2021

On Sun, 3 Jan 2021, Валентин Росавицкий wrote:

> I am trying to configure ipsec with hwdsl2 scripts for ipsec+xauth. Immediately after installation everything
> works without problems but I need to connect multiple clients from the same NAT network and for this I
> specified in the configuration file the option mark=-1 (-1/0xffffffffff) and overlap=yes and this leads to the
> client being able to successfully connect to the server but nothing else works.

I thought that was no longer neccessary? Recent versions should handle
multiple clients behind the same NAT. Since every instance gets its own
IP address, there is no need for overlapip= since you are not using
transport mode. the overlapip= option was in use for L2TP/IPsec in
transport mode where clashing clients use the same pre-NAT IP adress
from behind different NAT routers.