[Swan] XFRMi Interface route based IPSec with right=%any

Rav Ya ravin.ya90 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 16:57:01 UTC 2020

Hi Paul,

Yes, I agree we don't want independent *(non-xfrmi*) connections up that
can conflict
about a range, and accidentally sent traffic from one tunnel to another
unrelated tunnel.

Having agreed on that we also need to consider the route-based (xfrmi)
connections which can have the same range i.e. (rightsubnet: 0.0.0.0/0 ->
leftsubnet: 0.0.0.0/0) allow everything routed to the independent
xfrmi interface. For the completeness, allow overlapping range across
separate independent XFRMi even when the rigt/left subnet is not set for
0.0.0.0/0.

P.S. Can you please let me know if you have any new insight or suggestion
for working around the eroute in use issue.

Thank you,
-Rav Ya