[Swan] not-a-bug attitude in libreswan project

Mr. Jan Walter hopping_hol at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 19 15:05:29 UTC 2020

Just saying, but, rather than complain, perhaps submitting a pull request with the necessary changes and regressions is going to be more productive. If you need a non-systemd build, see what needs to happen for that to work.    On Sunday, April 19, 2020, 10:57:40 AM EDT, John Crisp <jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk> wrote:

 On Sun, 19 Apr 2020 13:08:35 +0300
Yevgeny Kosarzhevsky <phaoost at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to raise attention of the community on the reported bug,
> which is closed without taking any action.
>
> https://github.com/libreswan/libreswan/issues/328
>
> I would like to point out that there is no need to include systemd as
> build-dependency for libreswan and there are may other init systems
> that can run libreswan. Inserting such dependencies shows bad attitude
> towards users and community.

I don't agree on the 'attitude' part of your statement, but I do agree
that systemd should not be a hard dependency. Debian only recently
agreed that there should still be some init freedom.

It is depressing being pummelled into 'conforming'.

Lots of non systemd boxes exist (thankfully).

I have started to run Libreswan on some non systemd Devuan boxes
and it is an inconvenient pain to install & update now.

It is easier to install openvpn.....  :-(

--