[Swan] Version 3.30 XFRM implementation

Paul Overton Paul at trustedcyber.co.uk
Tue Feb 18 16:04:14 UTC 2020

I have just updated one of my machines to run Version 3.30 from 3.29.

I have a number of tunnels created currently using VTI.

I would like to change this to use XFRM, and note the new directives  ipsec-interface= and iface-ip=, I have tried using these directives, but Pluto hangs on restart when I try.

I have re-compiled the running kernel to ensure that all XFRM modules are compiled and available to the kernel. The kernel is 5.4.20 running on a Slackware Current installation.

Are there any definitive instructions/examples of the configuration and do I need to preload any of the kernel modules ?

Regards & thanks.