[Swan] Firewalld libreswan centos8

Ian Willis ian at checksum.net.au
Tue Dec 31 02:21:22 UTC 2019

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the response,

The IPSEC connection is up running and routing. The ping tests are done
to a private 10 network behind the IPSEC termination point so the only
path to this network is via a tunnel.
Doing a tcpdump on the outbound interface on the client shows a mix of
IPSEC and ICMP packeting during the ping tests which initially confused
me but appears to be normal.
I suspect that I need to work on the packets from a postrouting
perspective as the incoming packets aren't visible. I suspect that
firewalld is more of a machine based firewall rather than a firewall
proper, so my expectations may be a little high.

On the bright side, I now have clients machines joining a private
freeipa kerberos domain via an ipsec tunnel. Now to see if I can make
home directories automount via NFS which may require solving the NAT
issues and I should be mostly done.

Regards Ian