[Swan] Windows 7/10 ipsec issues

Computerisms Corporation bob at computerisms.ca
Thu Dec 12 20:44:02 UTC 2019

Hi John,

if your ipsec sa established line is coming up and xl2tp logs (I think
syslog on debian?) are showing nothing, I would check:

xl2tpd is listening on 1701

use tcpdump to see if any packets are reaching 1701

iptables might be blocking the connection, find the nf-packetflow
diagram and put logging entries in the appropriate tables/chains to see
where the packets are being dropped

disable any and all firewalls on windows side