[Swan] windows 10 Policy Match Error

Computerisms Corporation bob at computerisms.ca
Tue Sep 10 05:19:12 UTC 2019

Greetings Gurus,

Having updated a good number of my firewalls to debian bullseye and
libreswan 3.29, seemed reasonable to continue the quest.

Then I came across one that has had me stumped for a while now.

Windows 10 gives policy match error, and libreswan logs gives a
no-proposal-chosen error.  I found and read lots of stuff that is pretty
much all just details to this entry on the wiki:

https://libreswan.org/wiki/FAQ#Microsoft_Windows_connection_attempts_fail_with_NO_POROPOSAL_CHOSEN

I have tried the registry entry, I have tried the ike= and esp= entries,
as well as some entries that have worked in the past for me.

Have tried removing libreswan entirely and recompiling and reinstalling,
just in case a sun spot did something during the initial install.

Wondering if any one has any other suggestions as to what the hiccup
might be?
--
Bob Miller
Cell: 867-334-7117