[Swan] Libreswan 3.28 changes

Paul Wouters pwouters at redhat.com
Wed May 22 14:43:42 UTC 2019

On Wed, 22 May 2019, Nick Howitt wrote:

> It looks like there are big changes coming. Which of the 3.28 changes will be backported to RedHat? I am concerned at
> the flipping of the default IKE version from v1 to v2 as I've never specified it in any of my v1 configs - I use the
> minimalist approach and don't normally specify default values.

RHEL7 is in "maintenance mode". There will be a 7.6-z stream release
in a few weeks which contains a number of fixes that are in upstream 3.28.

While I cannot commit publicly to anything RHEL8 related, expect 3.28 or
later to appear in RHEL-8.1. There might be some bugfixes happening
between 8.0 and 8.1 (eg 8.0-z stream release) but that really depends on
which upstream bugs are being experienced by RHEL customers.

Note that RHEL8 already switched to IKEv2 as the default. RHEL7 will not
be switched and will keep the IKEv1 default.