[Swan] Enabling ipsec disables normal ping functionality in openswan

Madhan Raj madhanrajrm at gmail.com
Thu May 2 11:10:59 UTC 2019

Hi All,

we have upgraded our linux  machine from Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
release 6.2 (Santiago)(openswan-2.6.32-27.4.el6_5.x86_64)  to  6.6
(Santiago) (openswan-2.6.32-37.el6.x86_64).
I have an ipsec policies   configured between 2 different servers and
ipsec  status showed me that it is loaded and working fine.

As soon as we  upgrade the servers to 6.6 ipsec  policies are loaded
sucessfully in ipsec status command but somehow normal network pings are
failing with below error :-

*ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted*

*Can someone help me out to resolve this?I am free to try out any ipsec
commands and offcoursec even my policy files.Thanks,*
*Madhan*