[Swan] Peer-to-peer communication minus L2TP ?

John Crisp jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk
Wed Apr 3 10:09:07 UTC 2019

On 03/04/19 06:50, jchludzinski wrote:
> I have a Raspberry Pi 3 board and a CentOS 7.4 box both running
> libreswan-3.25. I want to connect the 2 using ipsec BUT I don't want to
> build a VPN (no L2TP/IPsec).
>
> I just want peer-to-peer communication minus tunneling.
>
> Are there instructions for this? Every web search I've done results in
> discussions of L2TP/IPsec (i.e., tunneling).

You might want to improve your web searching before worrying too much
about building a VPN...

You can build pure ipsec <-> ipsec but it is still a VPN *and* a tunnel....

http://www.firewall.cx/networking-topics/protocols/870-ipsec-modes.html

https://superuser.com/questions/378252/ipsec-versus-l2tp-ipsec