[Swan] dpd question

Kostya Vasilyev kman at fastmail.com
Fri Feb 1 18:20:43 UTC 2019

I see, yes it makes sense to keep trying "forever" if this side initiates.

Now I've set ikev2=insist and see this in the logs:

pluto[8407]: "mytunnel" #7: STATE_V2_IPSEC_R: IPsec SA established transport mode {ESP=>0x0530016d <0x1813ca67 xfrm=AES_CBC_128-HMAC_SHA2_256_128 NATOA=none NATD=none DPD=active}
pluto[8407]: "mytunnel" #5: suppressing retransmit because superseded by #7 try=1. Drop this negotitation
pluto[8407]: "mytunnel" #5: deleting state (STATE_PARENT_I1) and NOT sending notification

... which looks perfect - I guess it matches an established ( by the client in the meanwhile) connection and stops trying to initiate.

No more attempts to initiate v1 anymore either.

Thanks!

--
Kostya Vasilyev
kman at fastmail.com