[Swan] net-to-net for road warriors

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Jan 30 03:15:07 UTC 2019

On Tue, 29 Jan 2019, Alex wrote:

> I'm sorry for all the emails, but I have more debugging info. This
> message seems to be consistent with every system on which it fails:
>
> 133 "orion-arcade" #4: STATE_PARENT_I1: sent v2I1, expected v2R1

You sent out the first packet, and never got a reply. Some possible
causes:

- local, network/cloud or remote based firewall dropping packets
- Remote end dropped the packet (eg if it only supports IKEv1, not IKEv2,
   or if it only accepts IKE packets from certain IPs and you are not one
   of them)
- Your packet got fragmented and failed to re-assemble. This is rare but
   possible (when using fedora's recent system wide crypto policy this
   unfortunately can happen)

Check the other end to see if it received the packet?