[Swan] Packets dropped strangely

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Tue Oct 9 16:54:24 UTC 2018

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018, libreswan91 at iotti.biz wrote:

> I have a CentOS 7 box with libreswan. It has libreswan-3.23-5.el7_5 and
> kernel-3.10.0-514 from CentOS.
> I have two conns in my ipsec.conf, both go to the same remote vpn gateway. I
> split the two conns for simplicity, see below:

Why is it "simpler"? If you just add the one rightsubnet of vpn174 into
the rightsubnets= of vpn does it work properly then?

> The problem is that despite the conns being regularly established, in
> erouted state, with STATE_QUICK_[IR]2 (IPsec SA established), the packets
> coming from 172.16.74.0/24 (hence belonging to the second conn) are silently
> dropped by the kernel. I checked with the remote side admin, and my packets
> arrive to him, and he replies.

What does /proc/net/xfrm_stats show ?

Can you also show us ip xfrm pol and ip xfrm state output ?

> Do you have some advice to solve and/or further investigate the problem?

I would use one conn instead of two. But it should also work with two.
Perhaps the xfrm output will show us what is going on.