[Swan] vti - route script fails with wrong address

Heiko Helmle heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Fri Jul 20 10:31:41 UTC 2018

Hello list,

i ugpraded the libreswan packages to 3.25 from the Libreswan repositories, as there seemed to be a revamped _updown.netkey script in the package...

but it still fails with a wrong route target while trying to route it.

Is this supposed to fail? Is the routing command really supposed to use PLUTO_NEXTHOP in a vti configuration?  Because only the real interface sees PLUTO_NEXTHOP - the vti device uses PLUTO_PEER as PtP-Remote-IP.
If the script used PLUTO_PEER instead, it might work?

Still confused...

Best Regards
Heiko