[Swan] Secrets equivalent to %defaultroute

Nick Howitt nick at howitts.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 09:39:28 UTC 2018

Hi Paul,

In the conn you can use left=%defaultroute which automatically picks up
your left IP. There does not seem to be an equivalent in the secrets
file or am I missing something? I can use an FQDN or I can set %any to
get round it but %any has other side effects like limiting you to one
secret across all conns.

I found an old thread between us 9 years ago asking the same question
and I am wondering if there has been any progress? In that thread it
pushed me to %any which I'd rather not do. To me if would be nice if you
could also use %defaultroute or something like %myip to automatically
pick up the WAN IP. I can also work round it using IKEv2 and a leftid.

Nick