[Swan] Unable to use DH group 19/

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Tue May 15 14:21:23 UTC 2018

On Tue, 15 May 2018, Madden, Joe wrote:

> Doesn't work with dh19 on the esp line:

> May 15 13:59:56 clyde01 pluto[20172]: phase2alg string error: pfsgroup "dh19" not found
>
> Seems to work when you load it via IKE settings
>
> clyde01 pluto[20570]: added connection description "seutmc-charm"
>
> Should I raise a Bugzilla with RHEL on this?

Note you do not have to specify this with the esp= line. Leaving it out
means you re-use the same group as the first ike= exchange used.

Specifying it works on 3.24, which will be in RHEL-7.6. And 3.24 also
will have other improvements (re-auth, better rekey support) so this
change would not be a likely candidate for backporting to RHEL-7.5 or
earlier.