[Swan] xauth+modecfg and arp issues

Tuomo Soini tis at foobar.fi
Thu May 3 05:36:56 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2 May 2018 22:54:43 +0300
Tuomo Soini <tis at foobar.fi> wrote:

> On Wed, 2 May 2018 20:08:59 +0200
> Erik Andersson <erik at ingate.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm running libreswan 3.23 (using netkey/xfrm) on fedora 26.
> >
> > Trying to connect clients via xauth and modecfg where the address
> > pool for clients is a subset of the network "behind the ipsec
> > gateway".
> >
> > Using the following configuration:
> >
> > conn remote
> >      auto=start
> >      authby=secret
> >      right=10.48.28.81
> >      left=%any
> >      rightsubnet=192.168.110.0/24

Sorry, I didn't give you more instructions last night because I was a
bit confused about your config. I always use left == local, right ==
remote logics and noticed your config was either client config or had
logics other way around and I was already leaving computer when I
quickly answered.

There are two ways to force routing.

rightupdown="ipsec _updown.netkey --route yes"

Or.

rightsourceip=192.168.110.254 (or .1 or whatever your ip os in
192.168.110.0/24 network).

I'm trying to find out a way to do routing automatically in this case.
Adding routes is easy but removing is not in this case.

--
Tuomo Soini <tis at foobar.fi>
Foobar Linux services