[Swan] Phase 1 and Phase 2 Paramers ?

Sceekar O. sceekar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 12:56:59 UTC 2018

 Hello --,

I have recently configured a VPN on Debian 9 using the auto script here -
https://github.com/hwdsl2/setup-ipsec-vpn

hwdsl2/setup-ipsec-vpn is based on Libreswan/strongSwan I believe.

However, I received a *Form* from a site I want to connect to, to
provide *Phase
1* and *Phase 2* parameters for my VPN setup; and I'm not sure what the
right values are.

If you can help me fill in the right parameters for each  " ? " in the form
below, I would be most grateful.

Thanks.

*The Form*

  * End Point Device* *The site's details* *My details
(hwdsl2/setup-ipsec-vpn)* *Comments*

   VPN device type/model JUNIPER SSG550 ? Equipment

  * ISAKMP SA*

   ISAKMP SA Authentication Method pre-shared  ? Phase 1  IPSEC Tunnel
   ISAKMP SA Key To be shared  ? Phase 1  IPSEC Tunnel
   ISAKMP SA Hash Algorithm SHA  ? Phase 1  IPSEC Tunnel
   ISAKMP SA Encryption Algorithm 3DES  ? Phase 1  IPSEC Tunnel
   ISAKMP SA Diffie-Hellman Group 2  ? Phase 1  IPSEC Tunnel
   ISAKMP SA Life Duration 28800  ? Phase 1  IPSEC Tunnel
   ISAKMP SA Vendor-ID disable  ? Phase 1  IPSEC Tunnel
   ISAKMP SA IKE KeepAlive disable  ? Phase 1  IPSEC Tunnel
   ISAKMP SA IKE DPD KeepAlive disable  ? Phase 1  IPSEC Tunnel

*   IPSec SA*

   IPSec SA – IPSEC Protocol ESP  ? Phase 2  IPSEC Tunnel
   IPSec SA – Mode tunnel  ? Phase 2  IPSEC Tunnel
   IPSec SA – Hash Algorithm SHA  ? Phase 2  IPSEC Tunnel
   IPSec SA – Encryption Algorithm 3DES  ? Phase 2  IPSEC Tunnel
   IPSec SA – Life Type 3600  ? Phase 2  IPSEC Tunnel
   IPSec SA – PFS enable  ? Phase 2  IPSEC Tunnel
   IPSec SA – PFS D-H Group group2  ? Phase 2  IPSEC Tunnel
   IPSec SA – Compression LZS disable  ? Phase 2  IPSEC Tunnel