[Swan] Is it possible to not be strict with rightid?

Xinwei Hong xhong at skytap.com
Thu Apr 26 18:08:48 UTC 2018

Hi,

Currently, 'rightid' is default to 'left'. However, a lot of time the
remote peer software cannot send out correct rightid (e.g. internal private
IP was used). When we were using racoon, racoon seems to be more tolerant
and works OK when rightid mismatches. With pluto, we would have to specific
rightid= whatever the other end sends. Is there a global switch that we can
turn libreswan to have similar behavior as racoon, i.e. be more tolerant
with rightid?

Thank,
Xinwei