[Swan] Need support for IPSEC

Sriram Yarlagadda sriram.yarlagadda2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 04:34:34 UTC 2018

Hello Paul,

Thank you very much for your response. I installed a new version of Debian
which is supposed to have support for ipsec Libreswan. But still continue
have some additional issues. Following are the details regarding the issue
observed.

*$uname -r*
4.9.82-ti-r102

*$uname -a*
Linux beaglebone 4.9.82-ti-r102 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 22 01:16:12 UTC 2018
armv7l GNU/Linux

*$ipsec verify *
Verifying installed system and configuration files

Version check and ipsec on-path                    [OK]
Libreswan v3.23-dirty-17510eef70f0c2c18fcd5f1bb4eb447aa931733e (netkey) on
4.9.82-ti-r102
Checking for IPsec support in kernel              [OK]
 NETKEY: Testing XFRM related proc values
         ICMP default/send_redirects              [OK]
         ICMP default/accept_redirects            [OK]
         XFRM larval drop                          [OK]
Pluto ipsec.conf syntax                            [OK]
Two or more interfaces found, checking IP forwarding [OK]
Checking rp_filter                                [OK]
Checking that pluto is running                    [FAILED]
Checking 'ip' command                              [OK]
Checking 'iptables' command                        [OK]
Checking 'prelink' command does not interfere with FIPS [OK]
Checking for obsolete ipsec.conf options          [OK]

*$ipsec status*
whack: Pluto is not running (no "/run/pluto/pluto.ctl")

* $systemctl status ipsec.service*
● ipsec.service - Internet Key Exchange (IKE) Protocol Daemon for IPsec
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/ipsec.service; enabled; vendor
preset: en
   Active: activating (start-pre) since Thu 2018-03-29 04:31:49 UTC; 1s ago
     Docs: man:ipsec(8)
           man:pluto(8)
           man:ipsec.conf(5)
  Process: 17567 ExecStopPost=/usr/local/sbin/ipsec --stopnflog
(code=exited, st
  Process: 17564 ExecStopPost=/sbin/ip xfrm state flush (code=exited,
status=0/S
  Process: 17561 ExecStopPost=/sbin/ip xfrm policy flush (code=exited,
status=0/
  Process: 17536 ExecStart=/usr/local/libexec/ipsec/pluto --leak-detective
--con
  Process: 17523 ExecStartPre=/usr/local/sbin/ipsec --checknflog
(code=exited, s
  Process: 17520 ExecStartPre=/usr/local/sbin/ipsec --checknss
(code=exited, sta
  Process: 17575 ExecStartPre=/usr/local/libexec/ipsec/addconn --config
/etc/ips
 Main PID: 17536 (code=exited, status=9); Control PID: 17578 (_stackmanager)
    Tasks: 3 (limit: 4915)
   CGroup: /system.slice/ipsec.service
           └─control
             ├─17578 /bin/sh /usr/local/libexec/ipsec/_stackmanager start
             └─17746 modprobe --quiet --use-blacklist esp4

Can you please help me resolve this problem. I would really appreciate your
support if you can help me with some directions on what to resolve.

Thank you very much for your time in advance.

Regards,
Sriram Yarlagadda