[Swan] vti01 MTU not honored

Xinwei Hong xhong at skytap.com
Wed Feb 28 19:21:45 UTC 2018

sorry my bad.
I got confused with my earlier configuration. Actually, both sides are
libreswan, one side is vti, other side is ipsec0(pluto+klips). I was using
ip link to set mtu to different size. Actually I just tried to set MTU on
ipsec0 to a smaller value (less than 1332), and I see similar behavior from
the other side. So, basically, MTU only affect sending size, receiving
larger MTU is OK. I found this online.
https://serverfault.com/questions/749110/why-can-i-receive-ethernet-frames-bigger-than-my-current-mtu-size

Looks like the behavior is expected.

Thanks,