[Swan] compile on debian; git is a requirement?

Computerisms Corporation bob at computerisms.ca
Tue Feb 27 03:04:42 UTC 2018

Hello Gurus,

Today I tried to compile libreswan-3.23 on debian testing (buster).  At
the end of the compile I got this:

make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/libreswan-3.23/testing/enumcheck'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'local-all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/libreswan-3.23/testing'
/bin/bash: git: command not found
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'local-all'.

Seems strange, but I installed git and now I get:

make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/libreswan-3.23/testing'
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'local-all'.

I am not really sure if it actually compiled or not?

I compiled 3.23 on a debian Jessie box the other day and everything went
smoothly and didn't have any kind of git requirement.  Clearly something
is different here, but apart from the obvious reference to git I am not
really clear from the messages what it might be, wondering if anyone can
point me at a clue?

--
Bob Miller
Cell: 867-334-7117