[Swan] Security

Colony.three colony.three at protonmail.ch
Tue Jan 2 22:48:36 UTC 2018

There are those who say that Strongswan is 'more secure' than Libreswan.  Personally, I wouldn't know.  But I do know that Strongswan has the option of [lattice encryption](https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Bliss), which is a strong indicator to me. (... although, their Android app doesn't support it)  And they have a special Android app.

I'm sure that some will jump to say that Libreswan is more secure and I want to believe them, but specifically why?  What aspects?  Is there a port knock function?  Can I change 500 to something else?  How many buffer overflow attacks have there been in relation to Strongswan?  What level of PFS is available?  How is Ls better than Ss?