[Swan] Tunnel behind NAT: large packets freeze it

Davide Pucci d.pucci at i-node.it
Wed Dec 20 10:03:31 UTC 2017

Hi all.
I need your help as I'm facing several issues without some Swan IPsec tunnels: they all are built between a NAT-ed host (running openswan) and a publicly exposed one (running libreswan).
I can always reproduce the issue by executing " for i in {0..30}; do ps ax; done" or "dd if=/dev/urandom bs=10M": it seems that if I run commands with large outputs tunnel goes down.
The first - behind NAT - host has the configuration file attached as h1-to-h2.conf; similarly, the latter, the one named h2-to-h1.conf.

Thank you for any help.

Regards,
Davide Pucci.

**********

Davide Pucci
Systems and Software Engineer
Mob: +39 348 923 7278
Tel: +39 06 5960 2069
Fax: +39 06 5960 6185
Email: d.pucci at i-node.it

I-node s.r.l.
We build you® .biz
Via di San Giovanni in Laterano, 84 - 00184 Roma (RM)
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/i_node
Sito Web: http://www.i-node.it