[Swan] Failover struggles

John Crisp jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk
Thu Nov 30 16:01:11 UTC 2017

Hi Paul

On 30/11/17 15:14, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Nov 2017, John Crisp wrote:
>
> The issue here is that LibreToDHCP overlaps with LibreToMain because one
> has right=1.2.3.4 and the other has right=%any. But the ID's used
> are the same on both connections. Why can you not _only_ use the
> LibreToDHCP connection, since 1.2.3.4 can also be "any". That way, the
> connection will see a second attempt as replacing the existing
> connection, and you won't get "eroute already in use".

Thanks for that.

I was trying to be security conscious and pin the right to the correct
addresses where i could!

Unfortunately I can't see a way to make the Endian box use different
certs for outgoing connections hence the rightcert HAS to be "Endian"

As an extra then, if I run ipsec/xl2tpd on the same server, will there
be any confusion over right being %any ? I presume so.....

e.g If I also have a L2TPD ipsec transport connection like this.

conn L2TPD-PSK
    authby=secret
    pfs=no
    auto=add
    keyingtries=3
    rekey=no
    type=transport
    forceencaps=yes
    right=%any
    rightprotoport=17/%any
    left=%defaultroute
    leftprotoport=17/1701
    dpddelay=20
    dpdtimeout=90
    dpdaction=clear

Not sure how else to differentiate connections with %any

B. Rgds
John