[Swan] Roadwarriors Setup With Routing

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Tue Oct 31 12:43:51 UTC 2017

On Tue, 31 Oct 2017, Nirvana wrote:

>       Or you can set up one for 0.0.0.0/0 on the server, install firewall rules
>       there to limit traffic to the three networks, and give the client a custom
>       leftupdown= script that only routes those 3 subnets into the single VTI
>       device.

> Thanks for the response! I am doing what you suggested (0.0.0.0/0 on server and adding routes for VTI interface) and it appears to be working. For instance I am able to add a functioning
> route using: ip r a 192.168.2.0/24 dev vti9 scope link src 192.168.9.12
>
> However if I try to add routes using an updown script I am having an issue where vti9 isn't up yet so I can't add the routes yet. Below is how I was able to test that.
>
> In the client config I added: leftupdown=/etc/ipsec.updown

Did you copy the _updown.netkey script and make your additions to that
script? You still need the real updown script because that is the
script that actually creates the vti device.

> and created that executable shell script with the following contents:
> ip a
> exit 0

Is that a copy paste error? Because I see no script. But you really need
to take _updown.netkey and _add_ your custom things to that script.