[Swan] Pluto not running?

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Oct 25 20:51:51 UTC 2017

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017, Charles Van Dusen wrote:

> Very new to gdb . Im getting the output from bt but it is thousands of lines that all look very similar. I attempted to save to a file and search the file but it does not appear that ASSERTION FAILED' is anywhere in the output from bt.

No it should be in the pluto log output.

try running: ipsec pluto --config /etc/ipsec.conf --stderrlog --nofork

and it should be in the last few lines of output.

> On my initial compile I had received some errors. A quick google on those errors pointed me to needing gawk, which I then installed with apt-get. Once that finished I did a make clean/make programs/make install and crossed my fingers.

Really? we need awk to _build_ ? That's possible i guess, but surprises
me. But most systemd do have some kind of awk version installed.

> Should I try to go back to version 3.21?

If that works for you, I can't tell you not to do that. But for us, it
would be nice to actually get to the error you are seeing, so we can fix
it for everyone!