[Swan] Errors at compilation module.

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Mon Sep 4 14:59:37 UTC 2017

On Mon, 4 Sep 2017, pit11 at ukr.net wrote:

> I build module without warnings and errors:

> But after "modpobe ipsec" I have "kernel panic" :(
> BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 000000000000711c
> register_netdevice_notifier
> ipsec_device_event+0x1c/0x360

Do you _really_ need SAref? For a limited number of static tunnels,
VTI should get you what you want. For remote access VPN, you only
need SAref for L2TP/IPsec, and you should really just migrate to
either IKEv1-XAUTH or IKEv2.

The SAref code is not really maintained anymore. And we are giving
less attention to KLIPS, and on RHEL/CentOS kernels with backported
features, it is always a bit tricky to get it to compile and work
properly.