[Swan] obsolete "nat_traversal" and "forceencaps"?

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Mon Aug 28 21:28:35 UTC 2017

Hi,

Following this guide for a connection to AWS via a VM there:

https://libreswan.org/wiki/Interoperability

Not working yet. I get these notices in syslog:

Aug 28 ... ipsec_starter[2678]: Warning: ignored obsolete keyword 'nat_traversal'
Aug 28 ... ipsec_starter[2678]: Warning: obsolete keyword 'forceencaps' ignored

That page says "last modified on 12 April 2017," but apparently the advice
on using those two keywords has expired. This is with libreswan-3.21.

If I spend the time digging around no doubt I can discover why those
keywords have been thrown on the trash pile, and what to do to get to the
same functionality. But it seems odd to have a term as useful and basic as
"nat_traversal" gone missing, and nothing obvious on the wiki discussing
this brave new world without it.

Thanks,
Whit