[Swan] Can subset of a subnet works between peers?

Xinwei Hong xhong at skytap.com
Tue Mar 7 00:03:04 UTC 2017

My example is probably not very good. Modify a little bit.
on one side(Router A):
leftsubnets='10.100.0.0/16'
rightsubnets='10.200.0.0/ <http://10.200.0.0/24>16'

on the other side (Router B):
leftsubnets='10.200.0.0/16'
rightsubnets='10.100.0.0/24'

When Router B proposes to Router A, since the requested rightsubnets is a
subset of Router A's leftsubnets, we would expect it could work.

The scenario we want to support is: say at beginning, Router A and B have
exact match between 10.100.0.0/24 and 10.200.0.0/16, but later customer
decide to expand Router A leftsubnets to 10.100.0.0/16. After Router A made
the change, we want the communication between A and B still works without
having to manually update Router B's configuration.

Thanks,
Xinwei