[Swan] NetworkManager setup

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Mon Feb 20 16:40:06 UTC 2017

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017, Francis GASCHET wrote:

> I'd like NM updating the resolv.conf.
> I compiled and installed NetworkManager-libreswan but I don't find any hint telling me how to configure the
> plugin in order to get _updown calling NM...

It should do it automatically, provided you are not running the unbound
DNS server. If you do run unbound, it will instead attempt to
reconfigure unbound with a forwarding rule for the domain configured.

> My configuration : Debian 9 + kernel 4.9 + libreSwan 3.19 + NetworkManager-libreswan-1.2.6.

You can run with plutodebug=all which should log all the ENV variables
exported for the _updown.netkey client that should tell us what it
thinks it should do.