[Swan] SELinux labeled ipsec

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sat Feb 4 00:57:17 UTC 2017

On Fri, 3 Feb 2017, Jeff Becker wrote:

>>  Our test configuration uses:
>>
>>      policy_label=system_u:object_r:ipsec_spd_t:s0-s15:c0.c1023
>
> I got the above (actually policy-label=system_u:object_r:ipsec_spd_t:s0) to
> work by fixing an AVC denial. Now when I bring up the tunnel I see:

> 004 "dtsd-tunnel" #2: STATE_QUICK_I2: sent QI2, IPsec SA established tunnel
> mode {ESP=>0xc01ab79f <0x4f6e6b26 xfrm=AES_128-HMAC_SHA1 NATOA=none NATD=none
> DPD=passive}
>
> I don't see anything above that indicates that labeled ipsec is being used,

Yeah, we don't display every single property but I'll look at adding a
"labeled" prefix, so it says "IPsec SA established labeled tunnel mode"

You should see the label in "ip xfrm pol".

> but maybe that's OK. Anyhow, after setting this up, I can't seem to ping the
> other side of the tunnel (I was able to ping in the case without labeled
> ipsec). Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

My guess would be that your ping is either not covered by the tunnel, or
you are using ICMP packets with the wrong label?