[Swan] How to find out all algorithms supported by libreswan?

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Jan 20 04:37:50 UTC 2017

On Thu, 19 Jan 2017, Xinwei Hong wrote:

> When I do ipsec status, it shows
>
> 000 ESP algorithms supported:

> 000 IKE algorithms supported:

> Does this list all algorithms supported by the libreswan lib I'm using?

The ESP ones show the ones that are supported by libreswan for ESP,
which are also supported by the kernel.

The IKE ones show the ones that are supposed by libreswan for IKE,
which are also supported the by NSS library we use as crypto
provider. (Additionally, depending on EXTRA_CRYPTO during compile time,
we also support TWOFISH and SERPENT for IKE)

> Or
> is there any other easier way to find out the names of all algorithms?

Not really, although you can check the wiki :)

https://libreswan.org/wiki/FAQ#Which_ciphers_.2F_algorithms_does_libreswan_support.3F