[Swan] IPSec IKE SA "leakage" with 3.18-git

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Mon Oct 3 17:25:52 UTC 2016

On Mon, 3 Oct 2016, Reuben Farrelly wrote:

> Looks like there is a leakage with SA's not being cleaned up properly with
> the latest -git code.  I am still running VTI's - so this could be a part of
> the problem.

I dont think so?

I notice you have dpdaction=clear. Setting that to dpdaction=hold should
stop plaintext from leaking.

> So there are some 1810 SA's in total - all authenticated but there is only
> one active client (my Cisco router).

That _is_ a problem. What version is this? We did fix a bug a while ago
where a failing connection would accidentally get cloned on retry and so
you would exponentially gain more non-working connection instances :/

(This was one or two releases ago. If you were on 3.18 or git, please get
me a log of the failing connection that shows instantiating more of them)