[Swan] Various problems with VTI on Gentoo (with Cisco IOS as a client)

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Tue Sep 27 23:50:02 UTC 2016

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016, Nick Howitt wrote:

> Following this thread, wouldn't it be better to have Libreswan ignore any
> non-compatible settings when vti-routing=no, and perhaps log warnings when
> the conn is loaded, rather than rely on a note on the wiki which is liable to
> get overlooked?

Yes, the wiki page should not be the only place of such information.

For mtu= we can detect VTI is being used and instead just set the mtu of
the vti interface.

I am thinking that perhaps we should disallow leftsourceip/rightsourceip
when vti-interface is used? But I wouldnt want to limit options if there
are good use cases for this. So I'd rather leave it open for now and
see.