[Swan] Strange ip_vti0 network device

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Feb 12 09:34:54 UTC 2016

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016, Timmy Siu wrote:

>>> Is it a bug of this package?  How do I get rid of this zombie device?
>>
>> You can modify _stackmanager to not probe the ip_vti module if this
>> bothers you.
>>
>> Paul
>
> Dear Paul,
> Nice to meet you here.
>
> I don't understand how to do that.  Could you explain a little more?

In the source code of programs/_stackmanager/_stackmanager.in you will
see we modprobe a wide variety of kernel modules. One of those is
ip_vti. It is causing your "zombie" device. If you care, you can edit
_stackmanager.in in the source and rebuild/install.

> After all, I am a buyer of your OpenSwan book.  ^^

Great. I hope you will burn it now, or at least only use it for
esthitical purposes :)