[Swan] ASSERTION FAILED

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 15:11:03 UTC 2015

On 24 November 2015 at 03:15, John Crisp <jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk> wrote:
> On 24/11/15 01:29, Paul Wouters wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2015, John Crisp wrote:
>>>
>>> Yup - that looks like the one thank you Andrew. Deleted and
>>> re-initialised and away it went.
>>
>> That is scary :/

It is a little worrying.  Especially given that the only reason I put
the idea out there was because I'd just solved a totally different but
equally puzzling certificate problem by rebuilding /etc/ipsec.d :-/

It would be nice if we [pluto]  detected this earlier, or at least and
been a little clearer as to why we were about to crash; and figured
out which RPM corrupted things.

> Paul,
>
> I think to be fair it was due to a lot of messing around on my part -
> uninstalling and reinstalling rpms etc.

> If I notice it happening again I'll let you know.

Thanks.

If it does can you also save any pluto logs and /etc/ipsec.d?  If
nothing else we could run a standalone debug-enabled pluto pointing at
that directory and capture all the logs.

> B. Rgds
> John

Andrew