[Swan] Hold state and Dynamic DNS

Tony Whyman tony.whyman at mccallumwhyman.com
Wed Sep 16 09:47:02 UTC 2015

On 16/09/15 10:39, Nick Howitt wrote:
> I've no idea, but I thought "hold" was only for only fixed IP's.

I supposed this is really what I am trying to understand/clarify.
According to the docs, "dpdaction=clear is really only useful on the
server of a Road  Warrior config". This seems fine when the right,
rightsubnet and rightid all have wildcards, and SA initiation is
asymmetric. However, the configuration that I have is a static one
between two servers, except that their IP Addresses will occasionally
change.