[Swan] Libreswan 3.14 el6 binaries

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Aug 26 19:03:42 UTC 2015

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015, Tuomo Soini wrote:

>> When 3.14 was released I started looking for the el6 binaries. I
>> believe you've stopped hosting them as they are now normally found on
>> epel, but it looks like the el6 package has failed to build on epel.
>> Do you know if this is going to be fixed?
>>
>> I ended up building it myself but had to install libevent2-devel in
>> order to get it to compile.
>
> That's the issue. Libreswan 3.14 added requirement for libevent > 2.0
> which is not available on epel6 yet.

libreswan is going into RHEL6 optional/extras repository and will be
removed from EPEL6 once that happens.

All packages to get libreswan running in RHEL6 are available at:

http://people.redhat.com/pwouters/libreswan-rhel6/

These packages contain the fix for CVE-2015-3240 already (that is fixed
in upstream libreswan-3.15)