[Swan] ikev2 and win7

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Thu Jun 11 06:31:03 EEST 2015

Hi Paul,

> You should try
> http://download.libreswan.org/development/libreswan-3.14rc1.tar.gz

Built a new firewall today so decided to give this a spin.  The first
hiccup was the xmlto package.  I know it is listed as a requirement in
previous packages, but this time compiling actually failed with no xmlto
command on the system.  In debian, by default the xmlto package will
pull a butt-load of dependencies totalling some 1.3 GB of data.  so
others know, that can be fixed with:

apt-get install --no-install-recommends xmlto

Also needed to install libevent-dev

Got it built on the new system, went and tried upgrading an existing
system (the one I am using ikev2 on) and got a failure.  Tried it on my
own firewall and that one succeeded, so not sure what is missing on the
failing system, but the compile craps out with this:

/usr/src/libreswan-3.14rc1/programs/pluto/ikev1_spdb_struct.c:1717:13:
error: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
[-Werror=sign-compare]
          val > deltasecs(st->st_connection->sa_ipsec_life_seconds) ?
              ^
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
../../../mk/depend.mk:28: recipe for target 'ikev1_spdb_struct.o' failed

spent a bit of time trying to get past it, but the solution wasn't
obvious to me after that, so I figured I would report it before I call
it a day...