[Swan] yum update to libreswan-3.12-5.el7.x86_64

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Thu Apr 30 16:24:35 EEST 2015

On Thu, 30 Apr 2015, David M wrote:

> I did a yum update on a CentOS 7 host running libreswan and my tunnel was terminated at this part of the process:
>
> Cleanup    : libreswan-3.8-6.el7_0.x86_64                                                             247/453
>
> I accessed the remote console and rebooted to complete the process and my tunnels are working again.
>
> I don't recall this happening with previous updates.
>
> Is this expected behavior?

Unfortunately, when we restart we cannot save & restore the current
tunnels. So a daemon restart will lose all existing tunnel state. But if
your tunnels are auto=start, those should come back up automatically.

Road warriors will have to reconnect on their own.

In the future, we would like to be able to save & restore the state,
also so we can save and send over the state to a failover instance.