[Swan] AES-GCM support for Libreswan KLIPS stack

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sat Apr 11 07:58:20 EEST 2015

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015, Das, Abhishek wrote:

> I am using KLIPS mode in Libreswan v3.12. While investigating the crypto libraries (PATH: libreswan-3.12/linux/include/klips-crypto/) it
> seems only AES-CCB is supported for encryption/decryption using KLIPS.
>
> Wondering, is there a future plan for adding AES-GCM support?

There are currently no plans to do this. But also no objection to
receiving a patch :)

If someone does this, it would have to use the crptoapi for the aes-gm
code, so it would also use the accelerated code. It would also be the
first AEAD in KLIPS, so changes might be needed to allow it to have no
integrity transform.